Do you want a fulfilling and rewarding career that helps hundreds of adults with developmental disabilities and their families? We look for people who want to make a difference in the lives of the people we support.
OCL employs full time, part time and casual staff and recruits for positions in the following settings: Residential Homes, Community Participation Supports, Supported Independent Living and Home Share. In addition, we have a small number of administrative and management positions.
- Developmental Services Worker Diploma (DSW), Child and Youth Worker Diploma (CYW), Personal Support Worker Certificate (PSW) or other post-secondary education in a related field.
- 2nd Year DSW students may also apply.
- Clear Police Records Check for the Vulnerable sector.
- Valid Driver’s License (Ontario G, note G2 not accepted).
- Proof of an insurable driving record.
- English (fluent – understand, speak and write).
- Able to do lifts and physical restraints.
- Standard First Aid/CPR certification prior to start date.
- An OCL health/immunization assessment form completed prior to start date.
- Fully COVID-19 vaccinated in accordance with OCL policy.
- 3-6 months experience supporting persons with a developmental disability
To support the staff and the individuals we serve, we provide training in:
- First Aid/CPR recertification’s
- Crisis Intervention annual refreshers
- Lifts and Transfers
- Medication Administration
- Abuse Prevention Training
- Person Centered Approaches
- Difficult Discussions workshops
Interested in joining our dynamic team? Submit your resume and cover letter in confidence to email@example.com.
FULL-TIME, PART-TIME AND CASUAL DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONALS (Overnights-Weekends-Evenings)
As a Full-Time, Part-Time or Casual Direct Support Professional you will have the opportunity to book flexible shifts (morning, evening, overnights) and start to build a meaningful career with OCL. Casual relief positions are great for individuals beginning their career in the social service sector.